Monday, December 29, 2008

BECAUSE HE IS MY SAVIOR!

I have a friend who has been married for 34 years.... had an affair, her husband kicked her out of the house, she is on a downward spiral...still seeing this man, going to the bars, drinking...not living like the Christian that she professes to be.

Yesterday morning at church our youth pastor brought the message..and this comment struck a chord with me. All this time with my friend I have been saying everything will be fine, get counseling, talk to your husband, talk to our pastor. But in hind sight I was turning a blind eye to her situation. Until yesterday when I heard this statement. YOU ARE REPRESENTING MY SAVIOR,THEREFORE YOU ARE REPRESENTING ME, AND WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS NOT RIGHT. So I will tell her today that what she is doing is wrong, which is a big step for me because I hate confrontation, it is just not me. But because HE is my Savior I will take the step.

I love her..and I want her to live the life that she has professes.

Because here is the thing.

We have choices every second of the day, to serve the Lord. To honor Him with our speech and with our thoughts, with the way we love those around us and the way we worship. Every moment, there is another opportunity, and I want to use as many of them as He will allow.

I see you there, Lord and I will not turn from you. Not in my joy, not on my agony, not ever. I will remember the scars and the gracious Love that the world could not believe.

I want this for my friend who is struggling.

No comments: