Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Love/hate relationship with the Wal-Mart

I live in a small town in Western North Carolina called Waynesville, and when I say small that is what I mean. We have no department stores besides a Belk and a Goody's and there are no chain restuarants besides your fast food joints. No Applebees, Outback...you get the picture.

We do however have a Wal-mart, until recently the Wal-mart has been 5 minutes from my house very convenient, now... we have the "Super Wal-mart" which is now 15 minutes from from house totally unconvenient. And when I say super... I mean super.

I made the long haul last night to finish up my Christmas Shopping and buy a few groceries,I was totally overwhelmed when I walked in the door. I have a problem with buying my eggs and my underware in the same place, it just kinda of freaks me out. Anyway I made it out alive and I have come to realize that my new favorite store could possibly be the "Dollar General" If you do not have one of these n your town then you are seriously missing out. Convenient (check) milk and bread (check) washing powders(check). What more could you ask for.

Oh don't worry, I will be back to the Wal-mart in due time, like I said it is a love/hate relationship.

P.S We don't have a Target!

1 comment:

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I have the same love/hate relationship with Wal Mart. I think I visit our super wal mart a handful of times each year. The wait is always too long, and I don't like what wal mart has done to small town businesses.

have a great day!!

Pam